Posted By lantoniou on January 28, 2014
I am honored to be chosen by Cleis Press to edit the 2015 edition of Best Lesbian Erotica. This annual “best of” series has been around since 1996, and is a steamy collection that regularly features some of the best known names in the field, and newcomers to watch out for. If you are a writer of dyke smut, steamy lesbian romance, sizzling women-on-woman sex, or passionate lady-lovin’, I want to hear from you by April 1, 2014!
- Fiction only. Short stories or self-contained novel excerpts. No essays, memoirs, poetry. Unpublished and published material may be considered, so long as the author has the rights to sell the work to an anthology.
- Erotica only. That means make it sizzle. Passionate. Sexy. Powerful. Dynamic. Romantic. Frightening.
- Lesbian only. Women for women. Femmes, butches, tops, bottoms, partners, strangers, new women, older women, first-timers, rakes and scoundrels. Stout women, athletic women, studly women and seductive women, women with toys and women with words. Get the drift?
The Nitty Gritty
Please use standard manuscript formatting. This is a Best Of anthology, you should know the drill.
Each submission should be a maximum of 5,500 words . Micro-fiction of 1000 words or less may be considered at a lower remuneration. This collection will be acquiring the non-exclusive right to publish stories in print, e-book, audio and other subsidiary formats as part of an anthology.
- Submit via e-mail to BLE(dot)Editor(at)gmail(dot)com before April 1, 2014
- The e-mail text and a cover sheet for the file must contain: Author’s Name, Pen Name (if applicable) Title of Submission, Word count, Address, Phone, and Email Address, and a 50 -100 word bio. If your work has been published elsewhere, please note complete publishing history on your cover sheet.
- Files must be .doc or .rtf Do not send PDFs unless requested. One submission per document, although you may send up to two documents attached to your e-mail. Name your file StoryTitle_AuthorLastname